***

.
..


Σάββατο 29 Σεπτεμβρίου 2007

Iron & Wine - Flightless Bird, American Mouth



Από το νέο άλμπουμ των Iron & Wine, "The Shepherd's Dog"
##### I&W #####

I was a quick wet boy
Diving too deep for coins
All of your straight blind eyes
Wide on my plastic toys
And when the cops closed the fair
I cut my long baby hair
Stole me a dog-eared map
And called for you everywhere

Have I found you?
Flightless bird, jealous, weeping
Or lost you?
American mouth
Big bill looming

Now I’m a fat house cat
Cursing my sore blunt tongue
Watching the warm poison rats
Curl through the wide/white fence cracks
Kissing on magazine photos
Those fishing lures thrown in the cold and clean
Blood of Christ mountain stream

Have I found you?
Flightless bird, brown hair bleeding
Or lost you?
American mouth
Big bill, stuck going down

3 σχόλια:

Ινδιάννα είπε...

Ντρέπομαι που θα το πω, δεν τα ξέρω τα παληκάρια! Αλλά σε τελική γι' αυτό υπάρχουν οι άλλοι μπλογκερς, ως sotήρες που ξεστραβώνεουν εμάς τους Σαμμ...εμμόνους των indie pop! Πολύ όμορφο τραγούδι, πάρα πολύ όμορφο...

sot είπε...

Iron & Wine ουσιαστικά είναι ένα άτομο ο Sam Beam. Δεν είναι καθόλου τυχαίο το ότι ηχογράφησαν από κοινού με τους Calexico το EP "In the Reins" πριν από 2 χρόνια στο οποίο όλα τα κομμάτια είχε γράψει ο Sam Beam.

night blue είπε...

ayta tote itan wraia kommatia

 
Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds or to create website designs.